Pages

Friday, July 31

The worst week ever...


This has been the worst week on record, I do believe. There have been so many of my worst weeks ever, but I do think that this one clearly takes the cake.

First, I lost my little kitten, Don Caballero, aka Mr. Man, aka Manny. That's the adorable little rascal above. So sad. He apparently was born with a virus that destroys white blood cells. At the time that I took him into the emergency room, he was convulsing and barely breathing. He didn't stand a chance. He was a cute little guy though. At least I got to be there when they put him down. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

THEN the next morning as I was on my way to get some bloodwork done in Jersey, I managed to total my car. That's right, no more than 24 hours after my kitten dies, my car goes, too! I wish I had a picture of it, the poor guy was pretty mangled in the front.

So let's see, where am I in all of this? Brain tumor in December, dead kitten and totaled car in July. I hope this isn't going to be the trend that the rest of this year follows. If so, you may want to keep your distance from me when you see me out lest you spontaneously burst into flames.

4 comments:

  1. Wow that really stinks! Poor little Manny. Were you injured in the wreck? Hopefully u can get that replaced soon. Clunkers for cash deal nationwide was just given more $. I'll wear a flame-retardent suit next time I see ya! :) Here's to care-free thursdays, wiggling toes and supercalifragilisticexpealidocious, route 66, chocolate cake, redwood forest and wheatgrass free days. Rock on man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your kitten. I know how much that hurts.

    I'm just going to throw my enemies at you and watch them explode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. James has the right idea - can I send some people I don't like your way? ;)

    I'm so sorry about your kitten - it's so frakking hard to lose a pet. I still get teary thinking about my dog Greta and she died 4 or 5 years ago.

    I seriously hope your week starts looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good god that was a cute kitty. Poor little guy.

    Stay away from you? Done. I didn't mention this before, but I moved to Canada specifically to avoid you.

    Of course, I'm thinking about you from a distance and waiting for news. Heal, boy! Heal!

    ReplyDelete