Pages

Wednesday, November 25

Say Cheese!


Since I've been back in Atlanta, I've been trying to comprehend the science of the camera flash, and I've come to realize that a truly good flash is one that can't be seen. It just fills in the dark areas. I've been utilizing my niece as photo centerpiece (she really doesn't seem to mind one bit). It still shocks me as to how permanent a fleeting moment can be in a seemingly random piece of fleeting photography. The image is there forever (or a much longer time than the moment at least). I can kind of understand how ancient peoples think you're stealing their soul with the camera. You kind of are, or at least a piece of it.

Now I'm back in Atlanta for a few months. Most strangely, it's my new (old) home again. Philly's usually a fantastic (and equally as terrible) place to live, but I'm going to miss living there. The last 4 and a half years have been a wild ride to say the least, but I love my friends there. Even though at times it does just feel like no more than a complex adult playground. There are important things going on there obviously. I guess I just need to stay more tuned into them than I have been wherever I may be.

1 comment:

  1. aw, such great pics, Dave! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete