Pages

Monday, December 21

With friends like these...

Carolynne (Rarebirds trailblazer and Mew co-owner) and I urging more folks to bid on the delightful work that Mew Gallery was offering for next to nothing

A room shot from Dan's camera

My benefit last Friday was an absolute success. My bandmate Bob and my friend Carolynne were largely responsible for gathering all the parties involved. We even had a nice turnout. Who could ask for more? I had great support from the Mew Gallery, Village Green Productions, and Anthropic Records. We had artists displaying their glorious (and ridiculously inexpensive) work, and performances by some stellar bands: Inperfect Silence, Controlled Storms, Monolith, Rarebirds, Grammar Debate, and Adam and Dave's Bloodline. I'd say my friends are all pretty great folks to say for sure. I couldn't leave there without a smile on my face and a bit of a tear in my eye.

This is Joe, one of the Village Green guys, in his band Grammar Debate

I had to add this one after seeing it. Bob, part art curator, part swell guy, and I amazed at the shocking vibrancy of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment