Pages

Monday, May 3

Comb over of the century!


I'm close to 100% positive that I looked like a Hindu priest before re-doing my hair took precedence today. If you look closely enough, I'm pretty sure that you can see the little red dot on my forehead. With the beard and the Hinduish head dressing, how could I not be mistaken for a priest? (sans that shirt me thinks)


This is what I looked like right before I got down to business on my hair today.
As you can see, there's a horrific dearth of hair on the front of my head. This is from the radiation that scandalously accosts me daily. It was fairly horrific at the hospital, my hair suddenly just all fell out. It was everywhere. All over my pillow, stuck to my shirt. The first shower I took after surgery must've looked like I was being shaven, but I wasn't. My whole head of hair was in the drain afterward and I didn't even cut it. It just fell out.


Due to these affronts, I've had to manage my way through haircut territory. Being that I have very little to work with, I've decided on a mohawk/comb-over-of-the-century. It's the first time I've ever had one, so we'll see how it looks when I spike it out. I mean, it will be fairly hardcore. With the scar stretching across the front of my skull and the other in the back of my head--mohawk flaring--I wouldn't want to mess with me.

This is how I look now. The sides and back are totally shaven, and all the hair you see is combed over from the middle of my head. This is why it is the comb over of the century. It doesn't look too bad from the front here, but from the back and sides...yeah, we'll have to see about that.

Honestly though, I feel like a different person compared to the way I felt a week ago. Let no man say that hydrocephalus is for the birds--It'll bring you down without you even knowing it. You simply just fall asleep and never get up--and when you do, you throw up...a whole lot.

Today was the halfway point of my radiation therapy. One-half done, one-half to go. It feels good (now that my hair's in the process of falling out) to know that I'm through (still in maybe?) the worst of it. It's weird (kind of like an adventure that I never ever would've undertaken in the past), but I feel somehow blessed with the knowledge that I can get through this. It may be scary and it may not be any fun (for a while) sometimes, but these times always pass. Such is life though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment