Pages

Thursday, February 12

Ooh... this is what I get to eat right now!



So take a look at what I get to eat right now. Just one word sums it all up: sprouts. These little unassuming babes of the plant kingdom are evidently the gems of my little nutritional world at the moment. There's only one saddening side note in this little tale: I haven't had bread in about two months (This includes biscuits, and I'm not too happy about that--not one bit). Who ever would have thought that a deliciously rich buttermilk biscuit would be so disastrously poisonous for such a well-intentioned chap as myself? Not I.

Anyway, I’m drifting away from my madly engaging dietary diatribe. Ok so I also have to drink two “juices” in the morning. Now the word juice brings to mind sweet little concoctions that may or may not contain blends of delicious ripened bananas, oranges, mangos, and lemons. I think you get the picture. Not here though. These juices are composed of two items and two items alone: wheatgrass and blue-green algae.

Wheatgrass, like any grass, is a healthy choice for bovine animals and cute cuddly critters that eat it when they feel sick—oh and me, too. Unfortunately, I have to drink 2 oz. of this stuff twice a day. It wasn’t so bad at first, but now, yuck! I’ve had it explained to me that wheatgrass juice is the highest juice in chlorophyll—a compound similar to hemoglobin in the blood. That’s pretty cool, I guess, but does that help me with this lumbering giant growing in my head? Eh, the jury’s still out on that one.




Blue-green algae, the delicious beverage in the would-be coffee mug above, on the other hand is somehow remarkably similar to human DNA. I don't quite know how, but it's so close in fact that it’s rumored to actually affect our makeup. This means that people with comparatively weak constitutions can strengthen them by consuming just a few ounces of blue-green algae every day. Does this mean it’ll work for everyone? Probably not, but I think that it’ll work for some of us. Again, this isn’t really something that is going to keep the giant out of my head, but it’s something to remember for the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment