Pages

Friday, October 2

Finally. And here's some pleasant news

So I finally got the word from my kind team of docs at the Burzynski Clinic today. They had the final word from my MRI that I got two days ago as well as the PET scan that I got yesterday (a word of note: the PET scan is equivalent to forty x-rays. Docs don't usually relate this info to their woefully uninformed patients either.) The MRI showed little to nothing in terms of new growth. There were a few questionable spots but things are pointing to post-surgical changes rather than any new growth. Then I got a PET scan to check the metabolic activity of the cells. That too looked like any possible growth in the questionable areas was post-surgical change. So things are looking on the up right now.

As great as this sounds, it doesn't in any way mean that I'm in regression yet. I know the tumor's in there. After the word I got from my last pathology report, this is fantastic news, but not quite so good for my treatment plan, though. Because I'm still not showing 5mm of growth, I remain unqualified to do any of the rigorous antineoplaston lifestyle right now, but I can still do the targeted gene therapy. So that's what I'm putting my money on-literally. I got the first drug today, and I'll be adding them in over the next few days. Then I'll be heading back to Atlanta late next week. I don't know what'll happen after that, but I'll post it as I think of it...

3 comments: