Pages

Friday, December 4

How do I love thee, let me count the ways

Well I have the flu...again.

It's just about the same thing that happened last time, too: full dose of Tarceva, bad facial rash, mouth sore(s) and an achy feverish flu on top. Though it may be the second time in just over a month, I'm wondering if I could be visited by the flu fairy just once more in the next month. Ah, how nice 'twould be. Alas, the doctors don't believe me, but as this is the 2nd occasion of the very same instantiation of this event, I must persist.

I think the Tarceva brings my immune system down at it's full dose. I mean I DO have like 4 different drugs, 2 prescribed vitamins and a slew of other assorted health keeper-uppers. Who knows what's going on with the massive chemo-cocktail my body's partaking in at the moment. I may just be morphing into another form of life; I may not even be human anymore (when the antennae appear, that'll get a blog). I'll keep bridging the gap between water striders and humans while you keep reading about it, ok?

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you & continually praying! Keep up the positive spirits & humor! I'm so proud of you... Thinking this flu stuff is possibly more from the meds. It sure does some crazy stuff. Dad's had a lot of rash problems most recently, too. Call anytime: 703-946-4200. I'm traveling through Atlanta on Tuesday this week. :) Bon

    ReplyDelete