Pages

Tuesday, August 17

Month two goes down, down the drain

Here I am writing at the computer just having finished month two of my twelve month stint and I feel tired...


I wrote that just after I finished doing chemo last week, and I was tired. So tired that I couldn't finish writing this blog. In fact I was so astonishingly tired because I actually threw up after I worked out too hard. I know what you're thinking, "Wow, this guy can sure take some crap." Well the truth is that, without a doubt, I certainly cannot; I wan't even taking the chemo that day. It had been two days since I was on the chemo. I said, "OK today I can workout. I'll be fine. What could go wrong?" All I remember is throwing up on the plants outside.

...I'm actually not that concerned about it, actually. At the time I had low level nausea for the last two days of the 5 day chemo cycle and then the first 3 days afterward. That's why I have the anti-nausea wristband that I'm amazed at in the picture above. Actually I don't if I'm amazed or more amidst a taadaah-moment.

Well I'm very happy to share that I have hair growing in. It's not blonde or frizzy (though it'd be funny if it was like that...but only for a minute). I have a massive gash crossing my forehead above my left eye all the way over to my left temple. Quite impressive, I have to admit. I guess I'll always stand out in crowd now if I'm not wearing a hat.

So my current thoughts about the future are kind of ever evolving, but what I'm thinking at the moment is that I really miss playing in Cloud Minder. That being said, I want to try to get back up to Philly, but i also need to continue doing something with my time, i.e. mri technology, i.e learning it, so I'll have to apply to some schools up there. I'll keep you posted on the goings on in this realm.      

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dave! I just wanted to write to you here & let you know, ... I continually pray for you & the treatment & future plans God has for you! :) My dad is still being quite the fighter & continues to have difficulties on the treatment, but without it, we just have no idea where he would be. Mom is a real trooper, I'm headed home this week for a 2 week stay. My trip had some delay as I had to have emergency surgery on a cat that swallowed thread from my sewing machine, but had it wrapped around his tongue, quite the expensive ordeal~ ;) I hope your nausea has subsided. I try to check in here to see your updates. :) Hugs~ Bonnie

    ReplyDelete