Pages

Sunday, November 28

Thanksgiving and half-way to the end



This is how I spent my Thanksgiving: My family and I met with my sister's boyfriend Matt and his family at at her house for the Great Thanksgiving Meal. Now I realize that you're probably wondering why I capitalized the previous words. This is because, for the thirteen of us populating our group, we had two disproportionately large turkeys, one hock of ham, and several slices of chicken, not to mention all the dishes of fancy we had to accompany our wonderful meal. By the end, I was wondering when the next table of 13 would be coming in to finish off the meal (that we could tag-team wrestling style, of course). Unfortunately for me though, I was on chemo, and my hunger was somehow below zero (which means I didn't want the food in me, aka, I wanted to vomit). Unfortunately for me (or possibly fortunately depending on your perspective on the issue), I didn't get to eat all that much. It was a nice Thanksgiving though. I'll give it that much.  

Which brings us to my second point, as of right now I'm halfway through the chemo portion of this happy little venture (which I will not look back on with anything resembling a smile in any way). My red and white blood cell levels are slowly descending so there's a chance that I may have to have some other treatment sooner or later, but that's neither here nor there.

So I booked a flight to start the move back up to Philly.  Hopefully, I'll hear good news that I may (or hopefully will) receive at my doctor's appointment on Jan. 10th. Then I'm flying back here on January 12th to go to Kev Toland's wedding in San Diego, so I somehow got sucked into a road trip involving 4 friends, 2 dogs, and 1 car (I'm actually really glad. It'll be tons of fun and exactly what I need after all the craziness of the last couple years). 

This whole deal still seems unreal to me, though. I haven't worked more than a few hours a week this year (I wonder if my back will get tired from standing all day like it used to when I first started working in the service industry back in High School.) I don't know if I signed up for starting life up again like I'm back in high school. Not that I didn't have some good times back then, but I'd hate to be in that angsty phase again. I'm glad those years are behind me...far behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment