Pages

Sunday, March 1

Alas, Goliath is gone...

Unfortunately, there's some very sad news that I have to report: Goliath has been captured and resected; in other words, he's gone, forever hopefully.


I'll find out for certain what's going to happen next Tuesday when I discuss the results of the pathology report with Doctor Quinones. He truly is a miracle worker, and I'm so happy with the way things have gone. I mean really, he totally cut out Goliath and is one of the nicest men on the planet. It's exactly what I was hoping for, exactly. I don't know if things could have gone so well otherwise. I need to hold off on the praise until I can say for sure, but I'm just so pleased with the way things have gone so far.


Yep, I'm pretty happy with the way things have gone so far. I'll have more news to relate as things progress, but I just want everyone to know that my perspective on the world and my friends has been forever changed. I mean it. I seriously can't tell you what this experience has done for me. It has totally opened my eyes to the absolute compassion that people can have for one another. It brings tears to my eyes, it really does. Thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Hoorah! Farewell goliath...this is truly just so super. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!!! THAT DANG GOLIATH IS NO MATCH FOR DAVE SOMMER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. AMAZING that you are back in your hotel room! We are so glad that things are going well and you are happy with the way it's gone so far! GREAT NEWS!!! Goliath has been WHUPPED! Way to go warrior! Good to see you and your family smiling man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree with you more...this has totally changed my life aswell...see back to me Dave..hehehe
    Seriously, everyone from our Hippo family has been contacting me for updates, it's beautiful!Just wondering now that you had the brain surgery do you still remember the deal we made regarding learning a new language? Cause if you do this would mean i will be learning Arabic...a learnin I will go...eh!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaaaayy! Goliath is now in that big brain in the sky. Glad to hear that you're doing well Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. David slues Goliath! So glad to hear you're well and your optimism and gratitude is incredibly inspiring. Keep it up Dave.

    ReplyDelete