Pages

Thursday, March 5

A band visit and other sordid tales

Well today most of my band came down to visit me. The elusive fourth member, Evan, and his girlfriend, Shannon, are rumored to be planning a surprise visit on Saturday. Ha! I know what their plans are now. Anyhoo, Jay and Bob came down for the day, and we ate a delicious lunch at Ze Mean Bean Cafe. We had some pretty fantastic albeit moderately portioned meals (damn the European meal sizing differentiation, have you seen how skinny I am?) Overall, it was an intimate place with an actual European atmosphere. A great place for Happy Hour or an un-rushed meal. This is beginning to sound like a restaurant review, isn't it? Ok I'll stop, then. Oh wait, I have a pic. That's shocking, I know. Usually one person doesn't make it into the picture because they're taking it. Most of the time, that's my dad. It's unfortunate, I know, but one of the sad realities of the physics of photography.

Now for some more serious discussion. A member of the Hippocrates crew, Don, was rushed to the hospital due to complications from his cancer. Now he's on an oxygen machine and the doctor has given him 2-4 weeks to live. Apparently, the symptoms he's exhibiting are common for the end times. This is not good. Anyone who wants to send Don some good thoughts or prayers or whatever it is that you do, please do it. Don's a really great guy, and he's always been there for his friends. For Christ's sake, he was in the emergency room, and his concern was with how my surgery went rather than his serious condition. Now it's time for me to be there for him. Here's a pic of ol' Don with us down at Hippo. I mean it guys, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I'd hate to see him go.


No comments:

Post a Comment