Pages

Sunday, June 7

Two days and counting...

Here I am back in Philly. Sometimes it feels like I'm dreaming a dream about my doppelganger living my life in an alternate universe. It's kind of surreal but kind of really real at the same time.

So I'm settling in, but this time I feel like I have a goal, a very real goal--to keep myself grounded and focused. I guess I never really had that before. Always striving for the next thing, stressing over this then that, I never really gave myself much leeway in the pursuit of peace. I had to succeed, had to strive harder. I just knew that I could handle anything that I threw at myself. In some ways I did. In other ways, I failed miserably.

Now here I am, back in the City of Brotherly Love, but with a mission of health and wholeness. Unlike the fractured, jagged and ultimately unfullfilling life I once led, I now have to chart a new and different course...

No comments:

Post a Comment