Pages

Wednesday, April 7

Cutting out steroids may be worse than radiation

Today I felt SO much better than I did the last two days. Get this to, it was just because I was trying to get off this dexamethasone (a corticosteroid) to a) let me sleep longer than 4 hours a day b) see if it has anything to do with this massive bump sitting on my forehead since the beginning of time (is it ever going away?) c) get rid of the acne that's creeping up on my face and d) get off the damn drug! Unfortunately, my body literally started to crumble when i cut down from 4mg to 2mg (that's how potent this drug is). I literally lost every ounce of energy. I couldn't help but sit around and watch TV and had annoying headaches. Sounds great, huh? (at least I don't have to worry about the tumor returning right now...?)

Now I'm feeling good again. I don't think the Temodar (chemo) pills are creating much of a problem yet, and I haven't started losing any hair from the radiation. That will happen though. It'll kill everything in it's path by mid 4th week. So I guess I'm either going to have to get a very strange looking haircut or shave it all off. Hmmm which one should I choose? I could kind of go for the odd haircut. I mean there's no time like the present, right?

1 comment: