Pages

Monday, April 5

One session down, twenty-nine to go

It's been a rough day. I took those two little chemo beauts in my hand last night and decided that it was time to cut back on the steroids I've been taking. Hopefully, this will give me a reprieve from the incessant hunger I've been feeling (The chemo has to be taken on an empty stomach which I've found increasingly harder to do post surgery for whatever reason.) Anyway, the whole combo of drug reductions/additions and then throwing the whole radiotherapy thing on top hasn't made for the most smooth transition from healing-from-surgery to being-killed-in-small-intervals. I've had a headache and felt out of it from cutting back on the steroid, and I was feeling sick earlier which I can only guess was from the chemo having it's way with my stomach. Then I got radiated! Yay! (ummm...opposite of yay actually.)

Here I am ready to get my brain blasted by high beam radiation. Contrary to how it appears, the mask is really uncomfortable actually. I can't really see anything or move my head, but I can hear these arms moving around me sounding off an alarm when the radiation beams begin to penetrate my skull. It was really comfortable in there (that's a big joke). I couldn't wait to run at full speed out of that place. I think my heart was racing the whole time thinking about all the radiation my poor little brain had to bear.

I need to stay positive though. This is just another step in this whole damn battle that I'm waging with my brain right now. I've got the surgery bit down, but this...this is a different story. I'll have to stay strong to stay on top or I'll simply float away.

Twenty-nine more sessions to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment