Pages

Saturday, April 10

The sub-ingeneous cotton ball predicament



Dear Brains Behind Temodar,

Thank you for your ingenious new drug that can kill my brain tumor and make me all better inside. There's only one problem, though. In the wonderful little process that you guys have spent thinking this drug up, you've overlooked one...petty...but albeit entirely frustrating bit of nonsense. I'm calling it the sub-ingenious cotton ball predicament.

A la the picture above, there's simple physics to consider with these bottles. A hole slightly larger than the size of my pinky finger doesn't really allow for a massive wad of cotton to be pulled through it very easily. What would make this more sensible??? Hmmm. AHA...a bigger hole! You see if you made the hole a bit bigger, say the size of the rest of the bottle, this whole mess could be entirely avoided. I don't want to have to ask my niece to use her little fingers to get my cotton ball out of the small-dose-of-poison container for me. (Is that even legal?) You see, this is just a tiny bit of frustration on top of a mountain of inconvenience. First we get the doctor bursting through his/her office saying, "OH...yeah, you have a brain tumor...and it's rather large." Then we get the brain surgery, and on top of that we get the news that it's cancerous: chemo and radiation...forever! Then we have to get six weeks of high dose radiation (that will probably shorten and severely change the rest of my life) and the cherry on top is this damn sub-ingenious cotton ball predicament.

So please, with your next batch of Temodar pills, just make the mouth of the jar the same size as the jar itself. That's all I ask. Thank You.

Truly Yours,
David Sommer

3 comments:

  1. I am sending you a new pair of tweezers to remove said cotton bail...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No that won't work shannon. It just pulls out little bits at a time. i need whole fingers. believe me, i've thought long and hard about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, love your sarcastic humor. Wouldn't be too surprised if that alone keeps you alive :) Hang in there, bud.

    -Dave Sommers from Elizabethtown (guess I have an 's' at the end of my name, so it's not exactly the same )

    ReplyDelete