Pages

Saturday, October 6

Chemo: Day two and Day two redo


This is day 2 of my chemo program. I get an IV of Avastin, CPT-11, and Carboplatin every four weeks and every two weeks, only two of the drugs are injected. After day one, I felt like I'd spent the day having a soul obliterating substance poured through my veins. I felt terrible for the few days thereafter. Though she was just downstairs, I think I caught myself actually wanting my mommy for a little while. 

Yes. It was that bad.

The positive side of it is that I did eventually work up enough energy to make it to the Y and work out and bike race on a souped up spinning machine connected to a monitor that shows bike events as your riding. I guess these are the benefits of living in a don't-know-how-wealthy-you-are part of town. Never seen that before. I felt like I was in an arcade.

After my successful completion of Day two of chemo, I don't feel as bad as I felt before, but I'm sure it's only because I got two-thirds the treatment this time. I'm sure it'll be different next time.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment