Pages

Monday, February 16

Carrot juice and all the sweetness that comes with...



My parents and I just went down to a sweet little juice bar called Liquid Earth down in Baltimore's Inner Harbor neighborhood. Both of the photos I posted are from there. I emphasize sweet because, as long as I've been on this diet, I've come to realize that almost everything that we consume is as sweet as sugar--seriously. We put the stuff in everything we eat. I have no idea how we got by before we put sugar in everything, but it's no wonder our teeth our rotting out of our heads!

Wow! My last post got kind of intense there at the end. I apologize for all of that business, but what are you gonna do when staring down the barrel of your own demise? What else can I say about it?

Tomorrow I'm meeting with the doctor at John's-Hopkins. Dun Dun Dun. It's the prelude to the big day, I guess. I find out what to expect from this doctor and what to expect from the whole process.

I've also decided that I'm going to thoroughly document this whole proceeding both with photos and the beautiful written word. There'll be a whole lot of John's-Hopkins Bayview related pics and words. If you really want to see a ton of pics of me with bandages around my head, staples falling out and whatnot, well my darling you've come to the right place.




5 comments:

  1. Where exactly is John's-Hopkins?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally want to see pictures. You should post a bunch of pics of you with like guts and brains and broken limbs and all kinds of other sick shit, even if it didn't really happen. People don't REALLY know what you're dealing with, as far as actual surgeries and injuries, so this should be looked at as an opportunity to make some terrifically violent/beautiful "art". We could soak ground beef and other meaty-type things (pigs feet, etc.) in ketchup so it looks all bloody then spread it all over your stomach and take a picture of a dog eating off of your tummy with you screaming and post that. I know that would freak me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey dude, as far as that last post is concerned, maybe I took it a little too far and we shouldn't do that.--
    -- unless you want to, in which case I'm all about it.
    We could get a severed arm (fake) and put it on you with blood and all kinds of stuff squirting out of it (mustard, teriyaki sauce, mello-yello, whatev) and then have a rat gnawing on the other part of the arm thats on the floor right next to a circular saw and a half empty bottle of gin.
    Again, we don't HAVE to do any of this, but if you think it would be benefitial to include it as part of your treatment then we can, I'm here to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John's-Hopkins is in Baltimore, MD--that beautiful city on the bay just south of the lovely Philly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, that's absolutely tempting. Let me talk to the OR-Operating Room-surgeon about all of that. He might really want to get in on some PJ--that's shorthand for practical jokery. Sorry I have to spell all of this out for you guys. I just don't know who's hip to what here.

    ReplyDelete