Pages

Tuesday, February 17

Recap: Oh, the places I've been.


It's been a wild ride thus far. I can remember what seems like tens of weeks ago (although it was actually in the range of ones of weeks ago) getting my first MRI at Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta. Then taking that very MRI over to the first doctor consultation in which he proceeded to scare the absolute crap out of me. My response to this was a simple one: jet out of Atlanta at top speed. We headed down to the Hippocrates Institute in Florida to locate some non-scalpel oriented therapy (AKA: alternative therapy) and leave our reeling minds to figure out what the hell had just happened.

Then there was back in November, when I had my first real Migraine. Yeah, that was weird. Laying on my couch with the kaleidoscopic version of reality going on in place of what I would have previously called my usual eyesight--and not much else. Just trying to focus on the TV screen to keep myself from freaking out was next to impossible. Then came the cold sweats--akin only to what I can imagine would be a hot flash--and the nausea. That wasn't very fun at all.

Now here I am in Baltimore, having yet another consultation. Fortunately, I'm not nearly as phased by it as the first three. The only difference this time was the lack of sleep that I suffered as a result. There was no sense of impending doom; no drifting alone through an empty vacuum. That's good, right? I think I can actually feel my skin thickening. Cancer, psssh, who cares? You'll have to dish out more than that if you want to take me down thank you very much.

I leave you with a lovely picture of my parents smiling before my consultation. Such great support. I don't know where I'd be without them. Well, maybe I do...



2 comments:

  1. OK...I can't resist. Where would you be without them??? I've always wanted to know. This Vetiver song is awesome, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't exist, at least as I do now. They're so caring; here comes the water works. Everyone at Hippocrates thought my parents were just the coolest. It's true, and it's also true that this Vetiver song is super awesome.

    ReplyDelete