Pages

Tuesday, March 10

Goliath's Stats


Size: 8cm x 8cm
Ok, Goliath is at least borderline, well, gigantic. I guess that’s why I named him accordingly. That’s roughly 3.14 inches (or Pi inches, if you will)—a 3 in.x 3 in. fragment of festering flesh that was surgically coaxed out of my head into a hermetically sealed formaldehyde-free container. How did Dr. Q remove such a rare reality from my head you ask? With his superior surgical skills silly! (He said that he’d only seen one other tumor of the same variety in all his years of neurosurgical specialization.)

Weight: 3 Pounds!
A pretty weighty tumor, Goliath has left big empty shoes for my brain’s many types of fluids to fill. They say that neurological cells don’t reproduce, but I’ll show those highly accomplished and credentialed physicians the meaning of neurogenesis. Seriously though, that’s a relatively weighty tumor; it’s like my brain’s experiencing it’s own personal renaissance.

Age: probably years old
Dr. Q couldn’t say for sure (currently, nobody can know this), but he thought that due to the amount of adaptation that my brain had undergone, the tumor had probably been growing slowly in it on the scale of years rather than weeks or months. It was only the more aggressive part that had triggered the symptoms that I started experiencing around Thanksgiving.

That's all he told me for now. Wait until Thursday for my super all important release of the Goliath's official prognosis. Hopefully it'll be good news all around.

1 comment:

  1. Did Dr. Q count the rings on the tumor???
    Wow! 3 pounds! That's like having our cat inside your brain.

    ReplyDelete