Pages

Sunday, March 8

Visitations and ramifications


Last night my friends Evan and Shannon came for a special visit. Well it wasn't so much special as absolutely conventional, but that's to be expected from a bunch of snarkers like them. It's too bad, though. I was a bit on the tired side when they showed up, so it totally slipped my mind to snap their photos. Drat! It's ok though, I commisioned Shannon to take a remotely developed picture of her and her beau (guess what? that's them above!). You know, it's like we've leapt into the 21st Century without even taking a step into the 20th (yes I know, that makes no sense).

It felt so good to laugh with them; I'm serious. I'm talking full-body laugh here. I guess I've just been taking things so seriously lately that I forgot my sense of humor. I mean, I thought I kept my sense of humor healthy and radiant, but I guess there's a difference between a hearty chuckle and full-body laughter. The only problem is that it makes my head feel like it's gonna split open when I laugh that heartily; a strange albeit satisfying feeling, I guess.

Record huntin' was next on the list. I didn't feel very good when I woke up this morning. I'm coming down off the Dex so every few days when I have to reduce the quantity I take, I get a bit of a headache. Nothing that an appropriately placed dose of Extra-Strength Tylenol can't take on, though. We scouted out two different hole-in-the-wall record stores. Dan and Adam loaded up on records (Adam in particular). We got lunch, coffee, saw the building from the Wire. What didn't we do? One thing's for sure, Baltimore's got nothing else for us. Well that may be a bit of a mis-statement. How about: Baltimore's got a whole lot more to offer us and we're probably not gonna get to see it. I think that sounds better, don't you?

Tomorrow morning at 8:40 is my post-op appointment with Dr. Quinones. Then Jay and Bob are coming by for their final visit, too. Having friends come visit really helps me on the road to recovery. I don't realize how much I need the interaction (though it's really tiring), but it helps me to feel like I'm a normal person again. Ok well, wish me luck tomorrow. There's no telling what my fortune will bring...

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Our school carnival was this weekend. The murals I worked on w/the kids fetched a total of about $900 plus whatever we take in notecard/poster sales. That's exciting but not as exciting as the anticipation of good news from YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad we could make you laugh...I will send you a photo right now!!!! sorry!
    Let us know about your results.
    Listen to GTOWN RADIO! They are playing Cloud Minder tonight!
    www.gtownradio.com

    ReplyDelete